Don’t forget to make this activity a language-rich activity – read the recipe with them. Count out the cups of flour, talk about where we get eggs from, use words like half, full, mix, stir, bake etc. You’ll be amazed how quickly they’ll start using these words in their play.
· 2 bananas
· 1 ½ cups of self-Raising flour
· ½ cup plain flour
· a pinch of cinnamon (optional)
· ½ cup of brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· ½ cup milk
· 50 grams of softened butter
How to Make Banana Bread
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 F)
2. In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Mash the bananas with a fork in a separate bowl.
4. Add the milk, butter, eggs and bananas and keep mixing.
5. Place the mix into a greased loaf pan. You can also put these into muffin trays to make banana muffins.
6. Cook for 40-45 minutes.