Each week, the children will continue to take homework. This will be in relation to what they have been learning about.
Here are some other ways you can help your child at home;
- Continue to read to your child each night. Discuss the pictures and ask questions about the text.
- Practice ‘sounding’ out and ‘blending’ simple ‘CVC’ words.
- Encourage children to read and recognize, ‘red’ words in text (these are words that are non-phonetic).
- Count and recognize numbers to 20 i.e., children can look for numbers in the environment like counting all the silver cars they see on the road.
- Write numerals to 10 and the letters of the alphabet.
Remember lots and lots of praise.
Children should feel successful when learning then they will always want to carry on.